Never miss a great event & get weekly updates of great events.
Get notified when the event happens next time.
RSVP link: https://goo.gl/JSnF6R
Date and Time : 22nd March, 05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
So hope to see you this 22nd March, Wednesday at the lovely Rise Mumbai, 5pm onwards.
Also you will notice something new this event, we are providing Early bird tickets and also a new exclusive opportunity to startup founders to have a 1 on 1 private conversation with our star speaker. Purchase the Startup Exclusive ticket and we will get in touch with you to request your details to breif James about what you do.
In Association with Quill Labs
Are you a product manager trying to figure out why your product has a higher drop-off rate? Why does your product have increasing number of installs but low retention rate? A huge chunk of users visiting the website but very few converting?
Poor usability might be hindering the success of your product and making a product usable shouldn't be just a choice, it should be a necessity.
Join us on 2nd July at Rise Mumbai to learn the why, how and what of Usability Testing.
Assets provided at the event:
What you need to bring ?
1. Working laptop
* User Recruitment
* Task Design
* Building The Prototype
* Moderating A Usability Study
* Analyzing The Data
* Communicating The Study Results
Meet our Esteem Speaker:
Saurabh Suman (https://goo.gl/e32huD)
UX Lead Architect at credr.com
Key Takeaways :
You will learn how to :
1. Create products that work!
2. Increase conversion rates for your products.
3. Increase retention rates.
4. Better user reviews and fewer complaints.
5. Better understanding of your user.
6. New methodology to approach product release.
7. Get ideas to create innovative features for your products.
Food Arrangements: Lip smacking lunch and snacks with coffee will be provided.
Hope to see you there
Dont forget to use the Early Bird Discount Coupon: UX500
In order to register click here: http://www.bit.ly/ux-101
Date and Time: 2nd July | 9:30 AM 7:30 PM
Don't let terms like de-structuring and tricky looking arrow functions scare you away. Es6 is easier and friendlier than you think! And you dont need to know all of it.
You should come if you are a...
2.A backend Node JS dev who is frustrated with writing ugly production code with nested callbacks.
3.You are looking for your first taste of functional programming with higher order functions like map, filter, find and reduce.
2.Source Code for all apps
3.Design assets (images, stylesheets and svg files)
1.Working laptop with node 8.1 installed with your favorite text editor (not compulsory. You can learn just by watching me code)
1.A quick look at tooling and setting up your development. Get your E6 code setup for cross-browser support and deployment
a. Transpiling your code to support all browsers with babel (with webpack)
b.Transforms vs Polyfills
d.Understanding NodeJS and browser support
2. The magic and mysteries of Arrow Functions
a. Es5 functions vs modern arrow functions
b. Map your arrays and drop your for loops
c. Solving your troubles with the this keyword with arrow functions
3. Using defaults and destructuring in your function signatures
a. Remove extra conditionals and guard clauses from your code
b. Add sensible defaults to your values
c. Use destructuring to add clarity and remove repetition from code
d. Combine defaults with powerful destructuring techniques
a. How and when to use es6 classes?
b. Understanding constructors, properties and methods
c. Understanding binding inside a class
d. How to create objects?
5. Using modules to organize your application
a. How to design a module?
b. How to expose public apis?
c. Different uses of import/export clarified
6. The joy of es6 template strings
a. No more es5 string hacks
b. Introducing multi line templates
c. tagged template literals
7. Using Object and Array spread to spreee..aaaad that data
a. How spreading your data enables common data operations
b. How to make immutable updates to your data?
c. How to clone your objects and arrays safely
8. Block scoping with let and const
10. Look ma - no more callbacks - Welcome to the land of Promises and Async
b. What is callback hell?
c. Quick Look at promises
d. Moving to async code
a. A curated list of best resources on the internet
Meet our esteem speaker:
Amit Erandole (https://goo.gl/2BDu5O)
Writer, Designer and Full Stack Developer
You will learn how to:
2. Read and understand code techniques used in modern application frameworks like React, Angular, Ember et all
4.Work with async code without callbacks
This session is followed by networking over coffee .
Hope to see you there .....
RSVP Link : https://goo.gl/Aoa9jV
Date and Time : 8th July | 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
KPMG India Monetary Authority of Singapore
Kick starting the series, we have Jaydeep Mondal, MD & Founder of Aakar Innovation at Rise on 30th June 6: 30 pm, Aakar Innovation is transforming lives by distributing 100 % compostable Sanitary napkins for women & girls throughout india.
Come for some chai pe charcha & get to know his journey. Get your questions answered.
Yi formed in the year 2002 as an integral part of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with an objective of creating a platform for young Indians to realize the dream of a developed nation. Yi has around 2350 direct members in 40 chapters, and engages around 10500 students under the brand Yuva. The Yi membership includes young progressive Indians between the age group of 21 & 40 and comprises entrepreneurs, professionals and achievers from different walks of life
LinkedIn Profile of speaker: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaydeepmandal/?ppe=1
RSVP Link: https://goo.gl/UzvV1q
RSVP Link: https://nvite.com/DesignDisruptor/l8r16v
Join us for an exclusive screening of the InVision - produced documentary DESIGN DISRUPTORS.
DESIGN DISRUPTORS reveals a never-before-seen perspective on the design approaches of 15+ industry-shaking companies, and how theyre using the power of design to disrupt billion dollar industries.
Grab a drink, some movie treats, and be first to see the film.
Seating is limitedreserve your seat today!
DESIGN DISRUPTORS is a full-length documentary featuring design leaders and product designers from 15+ industry-toppling companiesvalued at more than $1trillion dollars combined.
The film chronicles the true nature of design and the design-driven business revolutions being shaped around the world through the designers' eyes.
Get a never-before-seen look into the perspectives, processes, and design approaches of leaders at industry-toppling brands and discover how these companies are disrupting billion dollar industries through design.
Come be a part of our successful journey and welcoming a new era of Fintech community.
A .Shirish Pathak - Managing Director, Fintelekt Advisory Services.
B. Jairam Manglani- Country Financial Crimes Compliance Head & MLRO, Standard Chartered Bank
C. Pushpendra Sharma - Head of Compliance, RBL Bank
D. Nagaraj Vayuvegula - Senior Manager AML Compliance India, Western Union Services
E. Sharad Nair- Vice President, Axis Bank
F. Arpit Ratan - Co Founder at Signzy
#fintech #Banking #AML
Getting Closer to the event, we get to know that there are many people interested in the event but couldn't register. So Here we are with a Special sale curated for you so you don't miss out on registering http://bit.ly/SEEtalksregister
1. Engagement and Retention of Sales Teams
2. Sales Monitoring and Reviewing
3. Using Sales as the biggest Differentiation for Market Leadership.
About UnSal down upon. However, as any growing company, sales is inevitable. The reality is, trust is the biggest differentiator you can offer your customers today.
- What gives Sales Leaders sleepless nights: In our view, the biggest challenge sales leaders face today is How do I have salespeople who my customers can trust (and differentiate)?
- Our Solution: UnSales. A fresh breath of air and a philosophy used by a class of salespeople who command a price premium for the way they sell. Definitely helps them shine when they stand in the marketplace along with salespeople who scream out discounts.
Note* - Your seat will be confirmed only when you get a confirmation mail from the Maverick Minstrel team
Kindly RSVP : https://goo.gl/UPQNnb
Thinking about crowdfunding your startup?
For many startups, a crowdfunding campaign offers an outstanding way to raise growth capital that can help transform an idea into a prototype and a product into a viable business. Crowdfunding has garnered a lot of popularity, not only for the ease of setting it up with todays technology but also because of the success rate. But is crowdfunding right for you?
Be a part of an interesting panel discussion and get to know how crowdfunding has revolutionized the way startups fund projects and how early-stage entrepreneurs are tapping the platform to fund their dreams.
Meet our Esteemed Panelists:
- Vinod Keni (https://goo.gl/PSmNxL)
Executive Director - MyCFO & Chair - Fintech SIG at TiE Mumbai. Active Angel Investor & Business Builder
- Satish Kataria (https://goo.gl/xz3RGe)
Managing Director at Starting Blocks Media Ventures Private Limited
- Pratik Saraogi (https://goo.gl/Kt1GWr)
CoFounder & CEO at ActoFit Wearables
- Anil Gudibande (https://goo.gl/NpB8AQ)
Co Founder at 1Crowd
Key Take aways:
* Get to know how to get an instant validation for your idea. Reduce the amount of time you spend on ideas that turn out not to be viable
* Test markets and get to know the demand for your project.
* How to generate buzz around your brand and establish a marketing platform that thar knows your exact target audience
* Instant feedback during the project-building testing stage.
* Improve your project before it launches on a larger scale.
* Get the right price for your project.
* Learn how to decrease the cost of retail fundraising.
* Get tips to increase your network of fund raisers
* Diversify your funding base.
* Get a live idea from a crowd funded startup (Platform Demo)
Join us & hear experience of crowdfunding from experts!
This session is followed by networking over coffee ..
RSVP Link : https://goo.gl/UmHYuX
Date and Time: 22nd June | 5:00 PM - 07:00 PM
About the Mentor:
Sameer works with institutions primarily in the financial domain as a digital strategist to align it with their core business strategy. An IIT-Varanasi and XLRI alumnus, Sameer was a Program Director at Infosys and Wipro Technologies before heading Tech at DCB Bank. Sameer also holds the distinction of being a part of the Fintech Asia Top 100 Influencers.
LinkedIn Profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/ssjaini/?ppe=1
Date and Time : 22nd June | 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
RSVP Link: RSVP Link : https://goo.gl/dnClNB
Join Anisha Patnaik, Co-Founder of LexStart for a session on Legalities of Structuring Incentive Plan for Employees, Advisors and Mentors.
Some of the broad topics that LexStart will touch upon during this session:
- What exactly do each of these terms mean - ESOP, Advisory Equity, Mentor Stock
- How do they work and answer questions like - Does the employee have to pay money? Can they get shares upfront? What happens if they leave the company?
- Most commonly used structures, mechanisms and terms
- Tax consequence
The session will be followed by a Q&A round where attendees can ask questions and seek advice from Anisha.
About the speaker:
Anisha is the Co-founder of Lexstart- a web-based platform that provides legal and compliance services exclusively to Startups. She is a lawyer with over a decade of corporate commercial law experience with special emphasis on transactions. Anisha regularly advices startups and investors on legal issues ranging from starting up to operating a business in India, negotiating fundraising transactions, commercial contracts and ESOP structuring and implementation.
LinkedIn Profile of Speaker : https://www.linkedin.com/in/anishapatnaik/
RSVP Link : https://goo.gl/unalvz
Date and Time : 11 am - 1 pm | 17th June 2017
In assocication with Zone Startups
With the rise in disruptive business models by Fintechs and Payment Banks, financial institutions can utilize this opportunity to collaborate closely with fintechs to co-build new capabilities, create a digital culture and KPIs, strategically invest in and acquire fintechs focussing on innovation, speed and future potential.
This session brings together industry experts and startups to speak about this path breaking collaboration between fintechs and larger financial institutions.
We have Sameer Singh Jaini, CEO at The Digital Fifth and former CTO at DCB Bank, driving the conversation and highlighting the importance of a customer focused digital strategy.
- Building Fintech Financial Institutions - Speaker: Sameer Singh Jaini CEO, The Digital Fifth (https://goo.gl/thwnF9)
- Making Data your Partner -Speaker: Nimesh Mehta Founder, Rockmetric(https://goo.gl/sJ0ycY)
- Automation in Business using AI -Speaker: Veer Mishra Founder, Neuron (https://goo.gl/9Nsq3E)
- Building Asset Light businesses through APIs Speaker - Akhilesh Kataria, Founder, Quantigious Solutions (https://goo.gl/765xr2)
- Driving Innovation through Collaboration - Speaker: Puneet Sharma, Program Director, Zone Startups India (https://goo.gl/QCGdzE)
This session is followed by a networking session over coffee.
Hope to see you then !!
RSVP Link :http://bit.ly/2qBVskJ
Date and Time : 9th June | 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM
In association with Wadhwani Foundation
Rise Mumbai believes that Entrepreneurship is the key that can unlock India's latent inventive potential. With this belief, The Rise Mumbai Team targets to help in the development of India's entrepreneurial ecosystem by enabling easy and efficient interaction between its major components spanning students, working professionals, aspiring and existing entrepreneurs, mentors & corporate through initiatives like interactive sessions and competitions.
About the event:
The event culminates with each team showcasing its new solutions and its experience. In this competition the winning team is not selected based on who has the best idea, but instead on which team honors the process and gains the most insights through its pivots
Theme: Sustainability of the Startup against the Fourth industrial Revolution.
Teams would also need to showcase their Sustainability in this era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution being as a change of things being more data driven. (Applicable in all fields)
Rules for the Contest :
* Teams must register themselves on the RSVP Link provided & fill in the required details for the Contest. However any other alternate document explaining the Idea clearly may be attached (for eg. Word Doc., PPT, PDF, etc.)
* Registration link will be open till 18th June for all those who wish to showcase the idea.
* The Shortlisted Teams will get a confirmation call from us and will have to have a trial at Rise on 20th June 2017
* The Further Shortlisted Teams will get an Opportunity to showcase their Ideas on 24th June 2017
* The Presentation time allotted would be 6 minutes followed by 2 minutes of Q&A for every Team.
(Note: If you are an attendee, then kindly add Individual in the remaining fields in the registration form)
RSVP Link: https://goo.gl/SqWNNM
Date and Time: 24th June | 10:00 AM 02:00 PM
We need this information so that we can personalize events based on your interests. You can follow various topics and we will send notifications whenever we find a relevant event.
We will not send more than 1 or 2 email per week. Also you can unsubscribe anytime with just one click