Literally meaning Valley of Gods, Har Ki Dun is one of the most scenic treks of Uttarakhand and will heighten your senses as you tread into its wilderness. The valley is most alive when it blooms rhododendrons of vibrant colors pink, mustard and white. One of the few treks to operate during winters, as during this season, the decked up flower valley sheds its layers and transforms to a tranquil desolate paradise. The trek takes one through the wooded forests of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and the summit offers an uninterrupted view of the towering peaks of Swargarohini, Bandar Poonch and Kala Nag looking down at the valley. This trek is a must-do for all mountain lovers and can be done by first timers with appropriate fitness levels.
For group of 10-12 pax, we can customize trek as per date requirement including pickup and drop from Delhi.
Day 01: Dehradun to Sankri via Mussoorie (200 kms 8 Hrs)
The very first day we will meet at the Dehradun railway station at 6:00 in the morning for our journey through curvaceous roads of The Shivalik Himalayas. Todays journey from Dehradun to Sankri is around 200 Kms long and takes around 9 hours. Enroute we will stop for breakfast and also get fresh for the rest of the journey. Reach Sankri late in the evening and take full rest at the camp.
Day 02: Sankri -Taluka (drive 1 hrs) Trek from Taluka to Osla Village (14 kms 7 Hrs)
After having a sumptuous breakfast we drive to Taluka . Our trek leader will brief about todays trek schedule. We will trek for around 14 kms from Taluka to Osla Village. There is a unique temple of Duryodhan of Mahabharatha in Osla village situated at an altitude of 2650m. Along the trek route you will cross bridges over Tons river, lush green valley covered with wild orchids of Himalayas and if you are lucky then you may encounter the rich wild life of Himalayas like Barking Deer, Bharal, Blue Sheep, Bear or Leopard too! Reach camp and immerse in the pristine beauty of Garhwal Himalayas. Pitch your tents and try your hand in Night Long exposure photography.
Day 03: Trek from Osla to Har Ki Dun (11 kms 6 hrs)
After early breakfast we start our trek to Har Ki and once you reach there you would not want to come back the beauty is such. The trek is rewarding through its views of open meadows and snow-capped peaks. The trail ascends above the confluence of the Har ki Dun and Ruinsara Rivers to a vintage point of the snow-capped ridges of the Dhaula Dhar. After trekking for about 6 hours you will reach the camp relish on delicious lunch prepared by our team and enjoy the views of pristine trek in the Himalayas.
Day 04: Har Ki Dun Trek Exploration Day
Today is our exploration day those who want to enjoy the most exotic book reading session can relax in the camp and rest can trek up to Jaundhar Glacier which is around 4 Kms and takes around 3 Hrs to reach but the view of the glacier is to die for. After our healthy breakfast and packed lunch, we will start the todays leg of Har Ki Dun trek the visit to Jaundhar Glacier. After spending few hours we will return to Har Ki Dun camp.
Day 05: Trek from Har Ki Dun to Osla (11 kms 4 hrs)
Today will the easy part of the Har Ki Dun trek but going downhill is always a tricky one. We will be trekking by the same route so you have an idea about the landscape. After a tiring day relax for some time have your sumptuous lunch and then explore the area.
Day 06: Trek from Osla to Taluka (14 kms ) Sankri (drive 1 hrs)
Be ready to trek down the entire leg of Har Ki Dun Trek from Osla Village to Taluka in one go. Then we will take a jeep ride to Sankri. Reach camp and relax as from now onwards there will be no more trekking.
Day 07: Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (200 kms 8 hrs)
Relive your trek memories as you bid goodbye to your new friends and fellow trek mates. We will start our drive early in the morning so that we reach on time at Dehradun Railway station to catch your train or flights for onward journey.
What you get (Includes):
All veg meals from day 1st dinner to day 7th breakfast.
Tented accommodation on sharing basis.
Guest House / Hotel accommodation in Sankri on sharing basis.
All necessary fees and permits (for Indians)
Basic First aid kit with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi meter.
Certified and Experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
Morning and Evening tea with light snacks during the trek
All Camping logistics.
Surface Transfer from Dehradun - Sankri - Dehradun by Qualis / Sumo / Bolero / Max / Tempo Traveller depends on the number of trekkers.
What you have to pay for (Excludes):
Any expenses of personal nature.
Insurance of any kind.
Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
Any Permit fees (Non-Indians).
Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
Up to 24 Days : 90% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-24 Day : 80% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-08 Days : 40% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Less than 7 Days : No refund
Terms and Conditions (CarvanTrips Select)
This trek is being conducted by Trekking Experts who are approved Adventure Tour Operators by Ministry of Tourism, Indian Mountaineering Foundation and members of ATOAI (Adventure Tour Operator Association of India)
Trip Confirmation: After making a booking with us, CarvanTrips will confirm the booking within 24 hours by sending a confirmation email. We will also be providing complete assistance regarding location, organisers name, contact, google location etc. In case the chosen slot is unavailable, the customer may choose modify their booking OR to cancel their booking (in which case a full refund will be processed).
You understand and agree that in case of a CarvanTrips Select booking, Carvantrips is not directly a party to any agreements entered into between operators and travellers, nor is carvantrips an agent or insurer. Carvantrips has no control over the conduct of operators, travellers and other users of the services or any group tours, and disclaims all liability in this regard. You understand that the event would be executed by local operator and CarvanTrips is not responsible for the execution or any unexpected outcome of the event.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (The user) understands that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (Us/ The Company/ We) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, death, illness or damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is available with the coordinator and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Although Carvan trips/ operator takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity, the ultimate responsibility of your life & safety is your own.
- During the trip, the trip leaders decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change / modify the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. In such a scenario, we will try our best and make alternate arrangements (subject to availability). However, Carvan trips will not be liable for any refunds or costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for any medical emergency during the trip.
- You understand that jumping into any unknown water body or going away from the group/campsite can be hazardous to life and we wont take any responsibility for any such individual actions.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
- Refund will only be provided in case the trip gets cancelled by Carvan Trips; Other than that under no circumstance refund would be provided. For a detailed cancellation policy, please visit our website - http://carvantrips.com/page/cancellation-policy.