This is our second and final program on this topic! Maximum intake will be 35 seats so bookings may end soon.
This program is presented by Think Write India and Precis Penning Literary Services.
The publishing world is not always where writing dreams come true. India is facing a huge rise in the market when it comes to companies offering various modes of publishing, capitalizing on every writer's dream of getting published and immortalizing their work.
However, there is a huge gap in the knowledge of what exactly goes on behind the closed doors of publishing houses and what it really takes to become a successful author. This event will be a fun, engaging workshop speckled with horror stories and gossip about the publishing world.
In this event, we will take a look at
Horror stories that every author should be aware of.
The different types of publishing practices that exist.
How to assess your publishing contract.
What it means to be a successfully published author.
You will learn...
1. How to read and assess contracts and learn what pricing is reasonable based on services provided.
2. What to watch out for when approaching publishers.
3. Ethical publishing practices vs. predatory publishing practices.
4. Content trends in the market.
5. Your rights as an author.
6. What services to pay for and what services can be done by the author for free.
These are the broad categories that will be addressed. We will also have an interactive session where participants can share their stories, experiences, and questions.