Monks on Wheels is going East Coast to feel the breeze of French history in the most beautiful French town in India, PONDICHERRY.
Short Description of Pondicherry:
Pondicherry is a French colonized town located on the East Coast,
also known as the French Riviera of the Indian coast. The name
Pondicherry or Puducherry means New Settlement. The town was the French settlement for more than 350 years and the breeze of the
French history is still felt in the streets of Pondicherry. Pondicherry is
located on the East coast of South India and it is just 310 km from
Things to do :
To know the history, culture, people and things happening in Pondicherry
Experience French colonial architecture
Taste French and Italian cuisines
Taste French bakery items and chocolate café
Shopping destination: Pondicherry is also a good shopping destination for handicrafts, locally made western outfits, leather products, and some tasty chocolates.
Itinerary of the Trip:
Departure from Bangalore - 10:30 PM
Note:- People in TT/Mini Bus need to have dinner before the journey.
- We will reach Pondicherry in the morning
- Heritage walk on the French colony.
The Heritage Walk starts from
French governor Dupleix statue
Eglise de Notre Dame Pondicherry
Alliance Francaise de Pondicherry
Circle de Pondicherry
Consulate General de France
and other streets of a French town.
- Lunch (Self-Sponsored)
- Visit LIGHTHOUSE OF PONDICHERRY
- Visit Paradise Beach
- Some leisure time to shop and have dinner(Self-Sponsored) in the Pondicherry
- End the day with an overnight stay in rooms.
- French breakfast
- Visit Auroville
- Lunch (Self Sponsored)
- Start the return Journey to Bengaluru
The trip cost includes :
1. Delicious Meals:
Breakfast on Day 1 & 2
2. Accommodation in Twin Sharing rooms with attached bathrooms.
3. A Guide for the Heritage Walk in the French Colony
4. Experience all places mentioned in the itinerary
5. Entry tickets for all places during the heritage walk.
6. Auroville Walk
7. Entry tickets for Auroville and Lighthouse
8. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any).
9. Transport to and fro Bengaluru
10. Inter-State Tax for transport.
11. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event.
Lunch on Day 1 & 2, Dinner on Day 1 & 2 and other things not mentioned above.
All this and more for at just
Early Bird offer without transportation cost: Rs.2599/-*
Early Bird offers transportation cost: Rs. 4499/-*
Normal Price without transportation cost: Rs. 3099/-*
Normal Price with transportation cost: Rs. 4999/-*
Ask and Get yourself a unique coupon code for special discounts on bulk bookings if the inquiry is for 3 or more.
1) People have the option to make their own transportation arrangements(car/bike/public transport).
2) Accommodation will be on a sharing basis.
3) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be canceled with a full refund.
4) We need a minimum of 5 bikes to organize a bike ride or else they have to reach the location provided by us on their own at the mentioned time.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort.
Things required for the event:
1. Water bottles
2. Raincoat (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical Kit
5. Extra pair of clothing
6. One cover sheet
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
1. What's the difference between 'with transport cost' ticket and 'without transport cost' ticket?
A: In all our events we provide the choice to our clients to make their own transport arrangements, either a car or a bike i.e without transport. Alternatively, they could join our trip by opting for our transport service i.e with transport cost.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels?
A: We will be arranging a non-AC tempo traveler or a minibus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged?
A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be picking up points be in Bengaluru?
A: We will be having multiple pick up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings only 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming on our own transport arrangements?
A: Once your registration is confirmed, we shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for the trip?
A: We do not restrict the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these?
A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
EventsHigh Specials, heritage walk, public transport, france, history, alliance francaise de bangalore, trekking, state tax, art and culture tours, city walks and tours, health and wellness, adventure and sports, sightseeing tours, heritage tours, outdoors, stay experience, spiritual, indoor sports, table tennis, Monks on Wheels,