This is a 20 hours course for those looking to learn this form of art. The course covers the following:
- Introduction to charcoal (2 hrs): You will learn the basics of using willow charcoal sticks as well as charcoal pencils. You will understand the basics of light and shadow and how it can be translated onto paper.
- Life study (4 hrs): You will initiate and learn to draw from observation and learn techniques to proportionately sketch the still life given
- Perspective Drawing (4 hrs): You will learn one point, two points, and three-point perspective and use your imagination to create a final picturesque sketch
- Figurative Drawing (5 hrs): Using a combination of pencil and charcoal, you will develop different techniques to proportionately draw the figure. There will be a live model who will pose for the entirety of the class. Techniques for Color charcoal on brown paper will be included
- Portrait Drawing (5 hrs): You will learn to do a self-portrait using the techniques from the previous classes. Each student to bring a mirror and they will sketch themselves with the material at their disposal. Techniques for Color charcoal on brown paper will also be taught.
All material required during classes will be provided. Home assignment to practice will be shared. Minimum age to join the course: 13 years and above. For this course, participants can choose any 20 hours from the given slots on this event
Ujwala Vishwanath is a cinematographer, sketcher, painter, photographer and sculptor. She has completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Indiana University US, PG-Diploma in Multi-Media Broadcasting in Journalism from the World Media Academy & ICFJ, and Master of Fine Arts from American Film Institute Los Angeles.
Having 8 years of experience in sketching, painting, cinematography, photography and sculpting, she works with documentary filmmakers, Discovery communications, Meditech and Sudhee networks, being just a few of them. She also works as a freelance cinematographer for films as well as conducts workshops and classes for those wanting to express themselves through art.
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
The Circular Square - Bengaluru 24, Doddakalansandra Gubbalala gate, next to Lakshmi Vilas bank, Navaratan Gardens, Konanakunte, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062, India
No reviews available
Write a review
Be the first one to review! Share your experience.