Startups in the B2B businesses are struggling to go beyond their first POC or first few clients. The sales process is either never established and if it is, the sales team is unskilled to execute or both
This is a series of meetups with covering various aspects of the sales process. The meetups are a practical & practitioner approach to sales. The entire series is aimed at equipping members to master the sales process.
The methodology is understanding core concepts, build in the meetup, apply in the market for a week, review feedback, learn a new concept, & repeat. Additionally, one could leverage the SaleS AddA sales community to learn, share and build on your network
Series 1 Ep 4: How to build a sales pipeline or funnel
The sales funnel is a term that normally used to describe the journey from potential customer to a paying client
The success of any sales effort is based on the strength of the sales funnel. Therefore to ensure that that one is on the road to success, it's imperative that one understand how to build a sales pipeline
Sales expert: Mr.Gopal Gera
Gopal is sales leader, entrepreneur, & sales consultant. With over 15 years of sales experience, he has worked through the ranks of a rookie sales executive to leadership positions in the largest private financial institutions. Click to watch is sales.
1. What is “Sales 4StartupS"? Sales adda as a community attracted quite a few startups - that includes founders, sales heads, and a few times entire sales teams.
The conversation for startups are different from the ones that one has sales professionals from more established organizations.
2. What is the conversation? Startups in the B2B businesses are struggling to go beyond their first POC or first few clients. The sales process is either never established and if it is, the sales team is unskilled to execute or both.
The topics of conversation include, I am not a sales person I am scared to sell, I have a great product - Why are they not buying?, I don’t understand buyers?, How to make a cold call?, How to write an email?, How to negotiate?, How to close a sale? And so on.
3. So who should attend? Entrepreneurs
Sales teams from startup
4. What is my take away? Information is available online, why should i invest time & $$?
Information about sales can be easily compiled online, the key to success is not information but execution. The series of meet-ups are designed to introduce concept, better understand the nuances of execution, short cuts, case discussions, role plays, and sharing / learn with or from a peer group. This kind of exercise best done offline in a group.
The key though is “learn concept -> apply in market -> feedback next week -> relearn -> new topic -> apply in market -> cycle begins
5. Is this sales training? No & yes :)
No, this is not a full fledged training program as one would conduct in a corporate environment. This is a meet-up with a bunch of peers with the intent of learning and sharing
These are a series of events that span across few weeks. One can pick and choose.
Yes, because the series of topics that are organized to complete a full sales cycle from cold calling to closure. If one attends all the meet-ups in a cycle, one has more covered the topics in a typical training program.
6. Why every week? Typical sales trainings are one or two days events. A whole lot of information is crammed in a short period. From experience of attending quite a few sales trainings and work shops, this is not an ideal format for startups.
Sales is about execution. Learn a concept / skill, execute in the market, observe the feedback, share with peers, learn, modify learning and repeat. A significant part of the learning is share with peers, take their feedback and learn from them.
7. What is this program not? It’s not a “Go to Market” (GoM) strategy session. One assumes there’s a GoM in place.