Run Chikkamagaluru Marathon Chikkamagalurus first urban marathon, the trail which will leave your legs cooked when you cross the finish line and the marathon which will put your finest hour of training to test, We calling you all the brave men and women to take up the challenge. Runners For Greener world..! There were no organizations to support the rapidly growing number of amateur runners. Weve also been consulted for multiple races across the country and helped these events find their perfect racing shoes. In addition, weve had 4years of Adventure events organizing skills all around Karnataka. November weather makes for ideal running conditions. So, read up well in advance and plan your hydration strategy for a safe race without any unpleasant experiences.
We firmly believe that greater citizen participation will force necessary attention on the set objectives, and would result in getting the relevant authorities/representatives/administration to take affirmative action for Greener Chikkamagaluru.
In other words, its very simple. If its running, We do it.
A. Registrations for all categories will close once all the slots have been filled. No one will be permitted to register on the day of the race.
Q. Will I be able to cancel my registration and get a refund once my application has been accepted?
A. Your registration and fees are non-transferable and non-refundable. We are a not-for-profit event and are barely able to sustain costs for this event. We will not refund registration fees, allow it to be move your registration to a future event of Ours.
Q. I have not received my registration confirmation mail.
A. The confirmation mail is a computer generated mail sent to all participants upon payment of registration fee for Online payers. If you have not received it, mail us at contact @tripchale.com with as many details of your registration (e.g date, payment details, mode of registration, order number) and we will send you a copy of the confirmation mail.
The ticket itself the confirmation receipt for Offline payers.
Q. I missed the last date to register. Can I register if you still have a vacant slot?
A. As per our believe its highly unlikely that we may have a slot left. But we hate to dampen your spirits. Do send us a mail at contact @tripchale.com or call us. If there are any slots, we will mail you back on the same.
Q. Will I be permitted to transfer my registration to a friend?
A. We are sorry to say that no transfers will be permitted.
Q. Will I be able to register on the day of the event?
A. No registrations will be permitted on the day of the race.
Q. What are the various modes for fee payment?
A. When registering online you will have to pay by Credit card or Debit card. If you are paying Offline, you have the option of paying by Cheque or Demand Draft or Authorized Ticketing Outlet. Demand Drafts and Cheques are to be addressed to M/s Tripchale, Post Box no-1, Chikkamagaluru 577101
Q. I have sent the Cheque to the address mentioned by you. When will I get my confirmation mail?
A. If you are a resident of Chikkamagaluru, you will receive the mail within 3 working days from the date on which we receive the Cheque. If you are an outstation participant, you should receive it within 7 working days. However, this depends upon when we receive the Cheque at our office and all the Cheques/Demand Drafts are subject to realization.
Q. Will I be permitted to register for a friend?
A. Yes, Of-course you can..!!
You may reserve the tickets for your near and dear ones.
Q. If I am accompanied by a family member/friend, can they avail of food at the event?
A. Yes. Food coupons will be available for purchase at the helpdesk on race day. Visit our helpdesk to buy the extra coupons.
Q. How and when do I collect my racer-kit?
A. A mail on the racer-kit collection containing all necessary information will be sent to you, 2 weeks before race day. We request you to read the mail and follow the instructions mentioned in it
Q. I have not received the mail on racer-kit collection. What do I do now?
A. Dont worry. Drop in a mail to contact @tripchale.com and we shall send you the mail.
Q. What will my racer-kit contain?
A. The racer-kit will contain:
1.Your running BIB
Q. Can I collect my racer-kit on race-day?
A. No. We will not distribute racer-kits on race-day.
Only outstation runners are allowed to pick up their racer kits on the morning of the race.
Q. Is it necessary to collect my racer-kit to take part in the event?
A. Yes, it is. Your racer-kit will contain essentials without which running this race will not be possible.
Q. By what time should I reach the venue?
A. Kindly reach the venue an hour before the start of your race. This is important as instructions pertaining to the event will be announced during this time. Also, you will get an opportunity to interact with runners from the rest of the country.
Q. I have reached the venue. What do I do now?
A. Regular announcements will be made at the start venue. Keep your ears open for the same and a Specially designed Zumba warm-up/Cool down(After race) activity will be waiting for you.
Q. Can I be accompanied by a family member(s)/friend(s) to your event?
A. Yes, We encourage it. It is always a wonderful feeling to have someone cheering for you on-route or waiting for you at the finish line. Do instruct them not to obstruct the passage of runners on route/at the finish line
Q. You have a very unique rule to determine winners. Can you explain the rule?
A. Sure..! We do have one. Heres how it works:
We have two categories Open, and Veteran. 3 winners for both Male and Female Winner, 1st runner-up, and 2nd runner-up
Open category includes all runners who take part in the race Every single runner for that distance, the only difference being the gender. The veteran is a category within the Open category. To be part of this subcategory, a runner has to be 60 years or above in age on the day of the race.
Q. Is it necessary to take part in the event wearing the official event t-shirt?
A.Yes always. But it would be wonderful if you could run in it.
Q. Is there any prize money for winners?
A. Yes. There is a Prize money for Winners. All Winners will receive a Prize money, Winner medal, along with Winner Certificate to commemorate their achievement.
Q. Will I receive a finisher Certificate?
A. Yes. All finishers will receive a Certificate as soon as they finish the race.
Q. Till what time does the course remain open or is there a cut off time for your race?
A. Yes. We do have a cutoff time, It is 2 hours for 5K.
Categories & Awards
Categories & Awards
Marathon Categories: Mens Open: Includes all ages Mens Veteran: 60 years of age and above as on race day Womens Open: Includes all ages Womens Veteran: 60 years of age and above as on race day
Winner Rs. 3000 and Rolling Trophy along with Gold Medal. Runner Up Rs. 2000 and Trophy along with Silver Medal. Second Runner-Up Rs. 1000 and Trophy along with Bronze.
Winners, 1st Runners-up and 2nd Runners-up will get the top honour in their respective categories.
And Completion certificates to all the Participants.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Please choose category carefully, confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified.
2. Provide us with a correct mobile number and email address that you can access regularly, as this will be Our primary resources of contacting you during the run-up to the event.
3. You are registering for this event voluntarily and of your own accord.
4. By registering you agree that running is an extreme sport and can be injuries to body and health.
5. You take full responsibility for participating in the Run and do not hold the organizers or organizing person or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
6. You agree that organizers or organizing person or entities responsible for organizing the run shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of participating in the event.
7. You confirm that, in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day, the organizers reserve the right to stop/ cancel/ postpone the Event.
8. The organizers reserve the right to reject any application without providing reasons.
9. Participation in the event is subject to entry confirmation.
10. All participants should wear BIBs in a manner that they are visible in the front at all times. Removal of BIB indicates that the participant has withdrawn from the race.
11. A participant found to have interchanged their running number BIB with another individual; will be disqualified from the Event.
12. All participants must be aware of the checkpoints and cut-off times for their event. Specifically, the participant must note the location of the Manual Checkpoints and intermediate cut-off times. If a participant misses a checkpoint or a cut-off, it will result in a Did-Not-Finish (DNF)
13. You are to participate only in the category for which you had applied and for which your entry has been confirmed.
14. Your entry and running number BIB is not transferable to any other person under any circumstance.
15. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify from competition who gives incorrect personal data/details on the entry form. No refund of entry fee will be made.
16. A runner who did not meet any of the requirements for a Finish listed above will be deemed a Did-Not-Finish (DNF). A registered participant who did not start the race will also be awarded a DNF.
17. In order to ensure the re-opening of roads to normal traffic, the organizers will designate cut off times at specified locations. Runners failing to reach these specific locations within times specified must stick to the footpath in order to complete your run.
18. Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the medical personnel.
19. Organizers are not responsible for any loss or baggage/belongings.
20. Participants are requested to cooperate with the Police and Volunteers deputed at the Start point and on the route.
21. You grant us, and any third parties authorized by us, complete and irrevocable rights to all images or videos during the event or at the venue. You also give us rights to use these images or motion videos, that may contain you, in any future material in the electronic or other forms that We create for this event.
22. All runners must be dressed in appropriate shorts, singlets, T-shirts etc. Nudity or partial nudity could hurt the sensitivity of other runners and could result in disqualification.
23. Runners who use drugs, narcotics or other banned substances as determined by the medical staff will be disqualified and awarded a DNF. Liquor is not permitted on the course.
24. All Non-Indian citizens will have to provide a photocopy of the front and back pages of their Passport showing their photo identity and details of Passport prior to starting the run. This is a security requirement from local officials.
25. Decisions taken by our Run Managers are binding and we request all runners to accept their decisions with respect. The Race Directors decision is final and will overrule a decision taken by other officials.
Safety is our first concern and We request you to read this information carefully prior to coming to our event.
1. Personalised BIB for all participants. 2. T Shirt with event logo. 3. Wrist band with event logo 4. Head Cap with event logo. 5. Attractive Medals for Winners. 6. Brunch coupons: Hot and nutritious food will be served to all the participant 7. Zumba Warm up & Cooldown Session. 8. Certificate Certificate of completion will be given to each participant. 9. First Aid and On-route ambulance support. 10. Proper hydration, energy drinks,on the route. 11. Surprise Special gifts will be given to all kids participating in the event.
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
District Field (Nethaji Subashchandra Bose Stadium) District Field Rd, Vijaya Nagar, Chickmagaluru, Karnataka 577101, India
Q. R u giving medals for all finishers r only certicates??? Kindly confirm
8:43 AM, 25 Oct, 2018
A. Thanks for writing to us. We have copied the organizer on this mail they shall be getting back to you shortly. Vishwas : Please look into this users query and do the needful. Regards, EH
9:10 AM, 25 Oct, 2018
Q. would like to know, still I can book the tickets, cos, would like to participate.
2:40 PM, 13 Dec, 2018
A. Thanks for writing us. Please go ahead with the booking tickets are still available. Thanks, EH